Gearbox Labs has worked with all of the sensors on this page. Many appear in one or more of our publications.
Links to the sensor on our store are included. After each sensor are some ideas that would be great science or engineering fair ideas.
- Color Sensor - this sensor detects pigments in different materials. In biology we use this sensor to detect different photosynthetic pigments as well as color detection of foods (ripeness, cleanliness) View Video | Store Link_MG_0964.JPG
- Soil Moisture (Conductive) - Soil Moisture sensor for temporary or short-term measurements. View Video | Store Link_MG_9569.JPG
- Oximeter - Heart rate and blood oxygen meter Store Link20220427_172134.jpg
- Heart Rate - Heart rate only sensor Store Link_MG_9488.JPG
- EMG - Measures the electrical activity of muscles. Store Link
- Non-Contact Thermometer - This is a great sensor for taking a person's body temperature at without touching them. Store Link
- CO2 - Single purpose sensors for measuring CO2. Comes in four configurations/sensitivity ranges. Store Link- Analog | Store Link I2C | Store Link Infrared 400+ ppm | Store Link 0 - 50000 ppm
- O2 - A single purpose sensor for measuring O2. Store Link
Disclaimer. The sensors are meant to be used for prototyping, informational, and demonstration purposes only. The sensors are not meant to be used as replacements for certified professional sensors that have been independently tested and certified for use in health and safety applications.